Welcome to Fly Guy Fish Guides, your full service fly fishing and light tackle charter servicing the Boston area and Cape Cod areas. We offer guided trips for boat charter, sight casting charter, wade, and surf fishing trips for striped bass, bluefish, flounder, and false albacore from the North Shore of Massachusetts to Cape Cod and the Islands. Our trips are perfect for the beginner to expert and kids are always welcome, so don’t hesitate and book today! We like to believe that every fishing outing is an experience, not just a trip. Price out the experiences we offer and book today to start making memories!
While you’re here don’t miss the gallery! Here are our latest blog posts:
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –July 15th – July 21th 2018 - Boston Harbor has been great this past week. The early morning and late evening bites have been sustaining for several hours each and not even the tankers have been able to stop them. The other good news is the pogies are in all over the place, meaning the biggest stripers of the year will be
- Iceland 2018 Trip - You may have notice there was a pretty big gap in fishing reports and postings. We took a family trip to Iceland for a couple weeks to get away and explore the area. Iceland is an absolutely beautiful place and surreal in many ways. You can go from rolling hills of purples flowers, grass fields,
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –June 17th – June 25th 2018 - This will be a short week for us as I’ll be out of town the remainder of this week through the weekend. We found a large flock of birds working the main channel covering all the way from Lower Middle to Spectacle to Deer Island with the birds circling really high and infrequently diving. The
- All over Massachusetts Fishing Report –June 10th – June 16th 2018 - This week we spent half the week trailering the boat from the Merrimack River to Boston Harbor to the lower Cape and Martha’s Vineyard. The fishing has really slowed down over the past week and in some cases took live bait to get moving. Northshore – Merrimack River, Plum Island, Joppa Flats, etc There has
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –June 3rd – June 9th 2018 - Taking a break from the cape to get back to our home grounds of Boston Harbor, we ran a couple trips throughout the week. Boston Harbor has been pretty consistently producing schoolies on the fly in the 16-22″ range. Surface blitzes are around but short lived for the most part and have been heavily crowded.
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –May 27th – June 2nd 2018 - The Buzzards Bay bite is still absolutely on fire. The average size of the striped bass have gone from small 20″ fish to averaging between 24-28″ in size. Every one of the normal spots we went to held fish that even if no bird activity would have a huge number of fish underneath it. Watching
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –May 20th – May 26th 2018 - Between the erratic weather and the late arrival of the striped bass migration to Boston, this was our first actual charter in Boston Harbor! I am pleased to say though that the schoolies are in by the thousands and the bite is on fire. Mackerel were easy pickings for those looking out on the ledges,