Welcome to Fly Guy Fish Guides, your full service fly fishing and light tackle charter servicing the Boston area and Cape Cod areas. We offer guided trips for boat charter, sight casting charter, wade, and surf fishing trips for striped bass, bluefish, flounder, and false albacore from the North Shore of Massachusetts to Cape Cod and the Islands. Our trips are perfect for the beginner to expert and kids are always welcome, so don’t hesitate and book today! We like to believe that every fishing outing is an experience, not just a trip. Price out the experiences we offer and book today to start making memories!
While you’re here don’t miss the gallery! Here are our latest blog posts:
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –May 27th – June 2nd 2018 - The Buzzards Bay bite is still absolutely on fire. The average size of the striped bass have gone from small 20″ fish to averaging between 24-28″ in size. Every one of the normal spots we went to held fish that even if no bird activity would have a huge number of fish underneath it. Watching
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –May 20th – May 26th 2018 - Between the erratic weather and the late arrival of the striped bass migration to Boston, this was our first actual charter in Boston Harbor! I am pleased to say though that the schoolies are in by the thousands and the bite is on fire. Mackerel were easy pickings for those looking out on the ledges,
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –May 20th – May 26th 2018 - The Buzzards Bay bite has been absolutely phenomenal this week. You can pretty much pick a species and chances are you’ll find a school ready and willing to take a bite on every cast. We started out coming across a massive surface blitz of schoolie stripers that caught us 70+ fish within an hour including
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –May 13th – May 19th 2018 - Most trips this week were cancelled due to either rain or high winds, but we were able to get out once. The weather started out nice and calm early in the morning but by 8am the wind was building again and by noon we were returning in 4-6′ seas. No problem though, we found fish
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –May 6th – May 12th 2018 - Would the weather cooperate already?! Between the rain and the really windy days we were able to get out a couple times and get on some fish. The good news is the schoolies are definitely back in some large numbers. The water temps off the lower cape were still in the low 50s. We saw
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report – April 15-21st, 2018 - Despite the cold and rain and windy conditions, we were able to get out a couple times and do some preliminary scouting in the Boston Harbor. There are holdovers a plenty in some of the tidal rivers willing to take small soft plastics. We were having the best luck with the Hogy Skinny Series 6″
- 2018 Season Tackle Preparation - I can't wait for the sunny days, warmer temperatures, and fun times fishing! On this first official day of spring 2018 and the fourth nor'easter in the last couple weeks bearing down on us, we've been busy coordinating just some of what is required for the 2018 season. The last couple weeks have been busy coordinating the new boat coming up from North Carolina, purchasing all of the required licenses, preparing the safety gear and equipment for the boat, and starting the process of collecting the tackle we'll go through this season. I've been busy at the flying desk getting all of the bases covered for when out on the water and trying to entice picky stripers and albies.