Welcome to Fly Guy Fish Guides, your full service fly fishing and light tackle charter servicing the Boston area and Cape Cod areas. We offer guided trips for boat charter, sight casting charter, wade, and surf fishing trips for striped bass, bluefish, flounder, and false albacore from the North Shore of Massachusetts to Cape Cod and the Islands. Our trips are perfect for the beginner to expert and kids are always welcome, so don’t hesitate and book today! We like to believe that every fishing outing is an experience, not just a trip. Price out the experiences we offer and book today to start making memories!
While you’re here don’t miss the gallery! Here are our latest blog posts:
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –August 26th – September 15th 2018 - The ablies are in and they are in in big numbers. Some days it takes some running around to find the bigger pods, but every trip we’ve found a good number of fish and in many cases had the pods to ourselves for hours! In 4 days we ended up with 3 false albacore over
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –August 19th – August 25th 2018 - Told you we would find the bonito! We got some snotty days that were forecasted for 7 knots and turned into 20 knots and some super flat calm days. We finally found the bonito and had a blast catching them including doubling up in the middle of a pack of boats with no action between
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –August 12th – August 18th 2018 - With the reports of bonito and king mackerel in, we had to go see if we could get in on the action. Regretfully with those reports also came a forecast of 10 days of straight thunderstorms. We decided to change it and make the trip anyways and abort at the ramp if we saw lightning.
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –August 5th – August 11th 2018 - Cocktail blues are the name of the game right now with schoolies and black sea bass plentiful as well. On one trip we counted 60+ surface blitzes of cocktail blues from Falmouth to Hyannisport and every rip we stopped at along the way had a mix of blues and Black Sea Bass. Running around the
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –July 29th – August 4th 2018 - This week was a mixed bag of fishing with everything from schoolies to the highlight of one of the trips with a 46″ Striped bass weighing in at 35lbs. What we did find was the early morning bite started to fizzle out and many of the fish we’ve caught have come later in the day
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –July 22nd – July 28th 2018 - I’ve been a little neglectful on the fishing reports of late and for that I apologize. It’s been a busy couple months as the season gets into full swing. This week we got out only once with a family and young kids (2-4) for a mid day trip. The son has been having a blast
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –July 15th – July 21th 2018 - Boston Harbor has been great this past week. The early morning and late evening bites have been sustaining for several hours each and not even the tankers have been able to stop them. The other good news is the pogies are in all over the place, meaning the biggest stripers of the year will be