Welcome to Fly Guy Fish Guides, your full service fly-fishing and light tackle charter servicing the Boston area and Cape Cod areas. We offer guided trips for boat charter, sight casting charter, wade, and surf fishing trips for striped bass, bluefish, flounder, and false albacore from the North Shore of Massachusetts to Cape Cod and the Islands. Our trips are perfect for the beginner to expert and kids are always welcome, so don’t hesitate and book today! We like to believe that every fishing outing is an experience, not just a trip. Price out the experiences we offer and book today to start making memories!
While you’re here don’t miss the gallery! Here are our latest blog posts:
- 2018 Season Tackle Preparation - I can't wait for the sunny days, warmer temperatures, and fun times fishing! On this first official day of spring 2018 and the fourth nor'easter in the last couple weeks bearing down on us, we've been busy coordinating just some of what is required for the 2018 season. The last couple weeks have been busy coordinating the new boat coming up from North Carolina, purchasing all of the required licenses, preparing the safety gear and equipment for the boat, and starting the process of collecting the tackle we'll go through this season. I've been busy at the flying desk getting all of the bases covered for when out on the water and trying to entice picky stripers and albies.
- New Boat for the 2018 Season! - I’m extremely pleased to announce that Fly Guy Fish Guide has purchased a Jones Brothers Cape Fisherman 23 Lite Tackle Edition that will be ready in time for the 2018 season! This is a boat that’s been a long time in the making and is the de-facto standard guide boat for the eastern US area.
- Fly Fishing for Trout in the Winter - If you’re anything like me, you’re going crazy with the cold temperatures and most of the stripers gone already. Don’t despair though, there are plenty of opportunities to fly fish in Massachusetts (and close) all winter long – no matter how cold it gets! Here we’ll go over some of the locations and tactics you
- North Shore Fishing Report –October 1st – 7th 2017 - Between the wind, rain, and fluctuation temperatures – it’s taken some will power and tough people to want to get out and find the fish. Luckily for us we were able to find someone willing to brave the wind and rain and get out on some fish! The fall run is in full effect and
- Cape Cod and Islands Fishing Report –September 10th – September 16th 2017 - The albies are in and they’re in thick. That is when you can find where they’re feeding… We covered a lot of ground this week searching for both blitzing albies and subsurface feeding fish. Looking at the charts after the case, we covered almost 150 miles and ran from Wood’s Hole to Hyannisport and did
- Skiff Launch & North Shore Fishing Report –September 3rd – September 9th 2017 - We’re excited to announce the flats skiff is done and officially in service! She has been dubbed “Gumbo” and is the first of the microskiffs we’ll be building to do flats fly fishing guided trips. Her maiden voyage was the 7th and let me tell you, that boat is a fish magnet! In the couple
- Boston Harbor Fishing Report –August 27 – September 2nd 2017 - The Boston Harbor blitzes are starting to come into full effect now, making this a fly fisherman's dream! We were able to get into plenty of big schoolies willing to inhale all white deceivers and topwater plugs in the 3" range. That is if we could keep them away from the birds long enough.