Fall False Albacore/Bonito on Fly and Light Tackle Experience
For many, the fishing season starts in the fall with the arrival of Bonito and False Albacore (albies). The adrenaline rush of casting into a surface blitz, going tight, then going well into your backing within seconds is some of the best inshore fly and light tackle fishing there is! With runs of 40mph+, these speedsters are sure to keep you on your toes and test your limits.
Trips usually start early in the morning (just before sunrise) or late in the evening (shortly before sundown). This may change depending on the tides of that day or the weather. Captain Nick will reach out to you a day or two ahead of time to make final arrangements. When you arrive the boat will be at the dock and ready to go, just jump aboard, we’ll do a quick orientation, and be on our way to go find the fish in no time!
- Full Day (8 hours) – $700
- Additional time is available at $100/hour
- All prices include 3 anglers (limited to 2 anglers if fly fishing please). Additional anglers are $75 each.
- High quality gear (you’re welcome and encouraged to bring your own if you have a preferred setup)
- Spinning gear by G. Loomis and Shimano
- Fly gear (we generally fish 8-10w setups, depending on the size of the fish, wind conditions, and fly selection)
- Custom tied flies
- Our charter license covers your fishing license, no need to purchase separately
- Waters and Soda
What to bring:
- Drinks (if other than water or soda desired)
- Food and snacks
- Sunblock (please no spray sunblock)
- Brimmed hat
- Polarized sunglasses
- Windbreaker or Fleece (it gets colder on the water than you would expect)
- Rain/Wind Gear
- Non skid soled shoes
- Seasickness medication (if required)
- Children under 13 must have and wear a Coast Guard approved PFD at all times